Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House
Invites you to join Fr. James Harbaugh, S.J. for our #02 Men's Recovery Retreat - January 5-7, 2018
Take time for yourself, be renewed and draw closer to God; come to a retreat at Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House
- A recovery retreat is a time of quiet when you can get away from the ordinary demands of life.
- A recovery retreat, along with the Twelve Steps, offers an opportunity to be a part of the Fellowship, and obtain peace and serenity.
- A recovery retreat is a time of reconciliation and peace.
Discovering or deepening your own way of praying is an important outcome of the Montserrat retreat. A Montserrat retreat will ask you to look at your relationships: with God, with your spouses and families, with friends, with the Church, with your own world -- and with you own self. And you will hear Jesus Christ saying to you "Do not be afraid."
About your Director:
Father Jim Harbaugh, S.J., was born and raised in St. Louis. He attended a Jesuit high school then, St. Louis University before entering the Jesuit Order in 1963. He taught for many years at the Jesuit high schools and universities in Denver, Seattle and Tacoma. He first subjects taught were English and Humanities. He has a doctorate in the Victorian Novel from the University of Chicago. He has been active in addiction recovery since 1983 teaching Addictions counseling. He has been a Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor and has been otherwise active in working with addictions, especially 12 Step Retreats. . He has been a member of the Oregon Province since 1991. He has worked in parishes since 2002, most recently at St. Leo’s Parish, Tacoma, from 2008 through 2015. He is the author of two books on the 12 Steps, including A Twelve Step Approach to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. He currently lives at Orton Hall at Bellarmine Preparatory High School, in a Jesuit community, with a street cat named Leontyne whom he adopted while serving a St. Leo’s.
How to Register
- Register online here or call 940-321-6020. Register early and reserve your place with a $50.00 advance deposit.
- Major credit cards/checks accepted. Private accommodations, meals, prayer talks, and individual spiritual direction are all included.