Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House
Invites your to join Fr. Chris Manahan, S.J. for for our #03 Men's Silent Ignatian Retreat - January 11-14, 2018
Take time for yourself, be renewed and draw closer to God; come to a retreat at Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House
- A retreat is a time of quiet when you can get away from the ordinary demands of life.
- A retreat provides both time and space to gain a better perspective on the deeper meaning of your life.
- A retreat offers more of what you yearn for, that is a place and a way to come to know God better in intimate and personal relationship.
- A retreat is a time of reconciliation and peace.
- A retreat is a gift you give yourself and allow the Lord to bless the gift. It is a time for you to be good to yourself.
Discovering or deepening your own way of praying is an important outcome of the Montserrat retreat. A Montserrat retreat will ask you to look at your relationships: with God, with your spouses and families, with friends, with the Church, with your own world -- and with you own self. And you will hear Jesus Christ saying to you "Do not be afraid."
About your Director:
Fr. Chris Manahan, SJ, has been director of the Jesuit Retreat House on Lake Winnebago near Oshkosh, Wisconsin, since January 2015, working to maintain the tradition of a warm welcome and home-like atmosphere for retreatants who come there to pray and grow in their relationship with God. A native of Rochester, Minnesota, he entered the Jesuits in 1993 at the age of 37, after a 15-year newspaper career in Albert Lea, MN, and Cedar Rapids, IA. After being ordained in 2003 he served two years as pastor on the Rosebud Indian Reservation in South Dakota; spent a year preparing for final vows as a Jesuit by working with Jesuits in the Philippines and northeast India; and, was then missioned to provide spiritual formation at the Jesuit Novitiate in Saint Paul, MN, for young men preparing to make first vows in the Society of Jesus. He remained on the novitiate staff for eight years prior to becoming director of the retreat house in Oshkosh.
How to Register
- Register online here or call 940-321-6020. Register early and reserve your place with a $50.00 advance deposit.
- Major credit cards/checks accepted. Private accommodations, meals, prayer talks, and individual spiritual direction are all included.